Mailing Lists for Makers: Part TWO
your strategy for turning subscribers into buyers
MAILING LISTS ARE ABSOLUTELY CRUCIAL FOR ALL SMALL BUSINESSES, BUT THEY ARE ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT FOR ARTISTS AND MAKERS WHO WANT TO MAKE A LIVING FROM THEIR WORK.
Take your income from sporadic to consistent by building an audience of people who love your work and contacting them regularly with offers and content that keeps them coming back to buy from you over and over again.
Part 2 of Mailing Lists for Makers will show you how to really make the most of your mailing list. We’ll automate a sequence that turns subscribers into buyers on autopilot and does the hard work for you, so that you spend less time writing emails and more time making stuff.
Here’s what you’ll learn
- How to create a strategy for your mailing list so that you have clear goals for each and every piece of content – no more wondering what to write about.
- How to create a lead magnet that gets a steady stream of people joining your list
- How to create an automated sequence of emails that turns browsers into buyers and works on autopilot so you can get back to making.
- The seven types of content to create to help customers to Know, Like and Trust your business
- Content guidelines so you don’t make the most common email marketing mistakes.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to quickly and simply send out marketing emails to your customers and collectors and keep bringing them back to your website time and time again.
YOU DON’T NEED TO DO PART ONE FIRST but you will need to have an email list set up to benefit from the class.
Introduction to Mailing List Strategy
- A new approach to your mailing list content.
- The purpose of your mailing list.
- An introduction to your mailing list content.
Getting people onto your email list
- What are lead magnets and why do you need one?
- Lead Magnets for Makers.
Your automated content sequence
- Why you should create an automated content sequence for your email subscribers.
- A deeper look at the automated content sequence.
The seven types of email content
- Getting to Know You Content: Part One.
- Getting to Know You Content: Part Two.
- Getting to Know You Content: Part Three.
- Content for Building Intrigue.
- Content for Building Social Proof.
- Content for Overcoming Objections.
- Product Showcase Content & Event Based Content.
- Promo or Sale Content.
Content sequence worksheets
- Brainstorming Content Worksheet.
- Your Content Sequence Worksheet.
Your main mailing list content
- Your Main List Content.
- A Template for your Main List Content.
- Email Marketing Case Study: Not on the High Street.
- Main List Content Worksheet.
- People don’t buy products, they buy outcomes.
- Instead of selling a product, tell a story.
- Don’t forget to inject some personality.
- Stories Worksheet.
- How to set up and deliver your lead magnet in Mailchimp.
- How to set up your automated content sequence in Mailchimp.
- How to segment your list so that people in your automation don’t get your main list content.
- Temporarily pausing your automation so you can send emails to your entire list.
- Cleaning unengaged subscribers from your email list.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Should I do Part One FIRST?
Part one of Mailing Lists for Makers helps you to set up your mailing list.
If you’ve already got an email list you can skip part one and jump straight in to part two.
IS THIS COURSE JUST ABOUT MAILCHIMP?
The tech trainings will show you how to do this in Mailchimp but you can definitely use the same principles with other providers.
Will this course be helpful if I'm already using Mailchimp?
Yes. This course is about the strategy of how to turn subscribers into buyers without spending all of your time writing emails.