Mailing Lists for Makers: Part One
getting started with email marketing
Mailing lists for Makers: Part One is currently closed to new registrations
MAILING LISTS ARE ABSOLUTELY CRUCIAL FOR ALL SMALL BUSINESSES, BUT THEY ARE ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT FOR ARTISTS AND MAKERS WHO WANT TO MAKE A LIVING FROM THEIR WORK.
Part 1 of Mailing Lists for Makers will show you why a mailing list is the most valuable asset your business will ever have and help you to get started using free services like Mailchimp and Mailmunch.
Here’s what you’ll learn
- How to set up your Mailchimp account properly so that your emails look great in subscribers inboxes.
- How to customise your signup forms in Mailchimp and how to add gorgeous branded signup forms to your website for free using Mailmunch.
- How to split your lists into segments so that you only send people emails about the things that interest them.
- How to create templates so that you spend less time fiddling with formatting.
- How Mailchimp integrates with your Shopify store. This will help you understand how your marketing efforts translate into sales
- How to analyse your marketing campaigns so that you can send your subscribers more of what they love and less of what they don’t
- How to send out a lead magnet pdf or discount code to subscribers to encourage more signups.
- How to set up Facebook ads from inside Mailchimp.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to quickly and simply send out marketing emails to your customers and collectors and keep bringing them back to your website time and time again.
What is a mailing list and why do you need one?
- Why do you need a mailing list?
- What’s the difference between a mailing list and a newsletter?
- How you can add people to your list (and how you can’t)
- What is Mailchimp anyway? And why can’t you just use your regular email?
Setting up your Mailchimp Account + Getting started
- Setting up your Mailchimp Account
Lists + Signup Forms
- What is a list?
- How to manually add people to your mailing list.
- The signup process
- Segmenting your list
Integrating with your Shopify Store
- How Mailchimp & Shopify work together.
Adding forms to your website with Mailmunch
- Adding forms to your website with Mailmunch.
- Mailmunch: Adding a popup signup form.
- Mailmunch: Adding other forms to your website.
- Mailmunch: Creating a landing page.
- Mailmunch: Sending an autoresponder.
Creating Email Campaigns
- Creating a template for your campaigns.
- Creating your first campaign.
- Assessing your campaigns with Reports.
Email marketing do's & don't's
- What to talk about in your emails.
- Email marketing do’s and don’t’s.
- Automations in Mailchimp.
- Creating a welcome sequence for your mailing list.
Sending a lead magnet
- Sending a lead magnet.
Facebook Ads in Mailchimp
- Creating Facebook Ads in Mailchimp.
- Your presend checklists.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
IS THIS COURSE JUST ABOUT MAILCHIMP?
If you are using an alternative email marketing provider, you may want to skip Part 1 and go straight to Part 2 which is more focused on your content strategy and how to create a funnel that puts your email marketing on autopilot.
But if you’re still struggling with how to make your forms look beautiful and on brand, how to automate your campaigns to make the best use of your time, and how to deliver lead magnets and discount codes to subscribers when they sign up, then Part 1 will help you with that.
Will this course be helpful if I'm already using Mailchimp?
If not, I think you will find the course helps you to get the most out of your Mailchimp account.
When does the course start and finish?
I have already taken the Mailing List Basics Challenge in The Maker's Yearbook Bundle. How much overlap is there between that course and this one?
If you’d like to learn about automations, lead magnets, using different types of forms in Mailmunch and using Mailchimp for Facebook Advertising you may find this course useful too.